Sunday 11 November 2018

Why You’re Paying Too Much For Ostomy Supplies

If you have been paying any attention to the world around you currently, then you’d know that our economy is completely messed up. Not only that, but healthcare costs in America are absolutely atrocious. And no, I don’t just mean the price of serious cancer treatments or other surgeries like ostomies - I am simply talking about the simplest things like doctor’s visits and other things like that! It is crazy how expensive things can get; and for what? Not to mention insurance companies in this country are basically committing highway robbery to every single one of their account holders and they could not care less. If you ask me, things would be very different in this country if people stopped charging so much for insurance and if the owners of these companies were not so greedy. All that to say, life can be really expensive if you are dealing with any part of the healthcare world. Unfortunately for people like me, that includes the financial burden of trying to keep up with my needed supply of ostomy products and accessories. You might be surprised to hear that ostomy products are not covered very well by most insurances. My insurance is particularly atrocious and I have had the hardest time trying to get them to cover even the most mundane things. 


If you are like me and are tired of not being able to get your ostomy supplies covered by terrible insurance providers, then I highly suggest that you continue reading this article. After all, even the products that the insurance companies do cover are nothing special. To make things worse, most insurance companies only cover the bare minimum of ostomy related products and accessories. It’s almost like insurance companies do not care about you at all and are only in it for the money. Well, all this anger and frustration that you are witnessing me write about has led to me completely ditching my insurance company and paying for medical supplies out of pocket.




How on earth am I able to do this? Well, it is simply because I started shopping for ostomy products online. That’s right, I have turned to the internet to find and purchase all my ostomy products because I have ditched my health insurance company. Paying for ostomy products out of pocket might sound expensive at first, but it actually is not too bad once you do some simple research on your own. I have taken a lot of time out of my life to research some of the best ostomy products and where to find them online. Let me tell you - I have gotten some amazing deals when it comes to buying stuff online, but nothing compares to the discounts that I have found for various ostomy products. 



I am a huge proponent of online shopping. I used to be one of those people that did not trust the internet and would not be caught dead with a credit card linked to my computer; however, I believe that I have recently awoken to a whole new level of shopping, one in which I can get the ostomy supplies that I need for cheap without having to jump through all the hopes that are setup by insurance companies. Also, it is nice to order everything I need from the comfort of my couch and not have to worry about waiting in long lines at hospitals, supermarkets, or pharmacies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What to Expect with an Ostomy

Ostomy is a life saving and life changing event for anyone who needs to undergo this type of surgery. And while it offers someone a better c...